Thursday, October 14, 2004

God in the dj booth or on the club floor?

I'm reviewing Gordon Lynch's book, "After Religion: 'Generation X' andthe search for meaning, on the Postkiwi blog. Up to now, I've covered a book in a post. I'm moving to a chapter a post a day - more fun, more in depth critique, and also a chance to dialogue with the author. Gordon Lynch, the decent chap that he is, even responded to my invitation to provide comments - by email at this point. I'd be interested in dialoguing with anybody's comments on my reviews of the chapters, covering:
  1. The decline of institutional religion
  2. Critique of popular writing on generation X and spirituality
  3. Post-Evangelicalism and Alternative worship
  4. Tom Beaudoin, MTV and The Matrix
  5. Clubbing Spirituality (published today)

Coming up:

6. Douglas Coupland and 'Generation X' spirituality
7. Does Generation X need God?


No comments: